Thinking and talking about marketing your business can feel sleazy, right? Chances are, you did NOT go into business to constantly sell yourself and your services. But here you are.
The reality is, if you want to serve the people who NEED you, you have to market yourself. That means writing, writing, and more writing.
If you are going to invest time and money in developing this content, you want it to attract ideal clients. Why else do it?
The best way to make sure your content is reaching and touching your ideal clients is to work with someone who can not only do your copywriting, but understands the strategy behind it. Otherwise, it’s just words on a page.
My name is Susan Rose. I’m a marketing copywriter, content strategist, and content mentor. I believe that great content can help you nuture relationships with your clients and prospects, resulting in loyalty, trust, and money. I believe in telling stories that lead your prospects to the logical conclusion that they MUST work with you.
I have been writing for almost 30 years! As a freelance marketing content writer, I have worked with a range of companies creating thought leadership content (also known as trusted advisor, authority marketing, industry expert). Most of these clients are in the B2B or B2G space, and they have spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on content marketing.
I am also a certified health coach (from IIN), a certified life coach, and seasoned marketing director for my husband’s large massage clinic.
- Writing expert articles for Forbes and USA Today.
- Creating email marketing strategies and campaigns. (I love creating funnels!)
- Developing webinar scripts and Facebook ads to get registrations.
I can help you in several ways: creating content plans so you are focusing your energy where it counts, doing it for you, or teaching you how to do it yourself. I have also created The Kicka$$ Content Planner, a quarterly planner that will help you get laser focused on what to create, when, and where to put it.
It is all so much fun! Click here to learn how I can help you with your content.
Fun facts (about the copywriting and mentoring)
- My email marketing (funnels and keep in touch) has high engagement. I get above industry average open rates and below industry standard unsubscribes because my list likes what I send them.
- My Facebook ads always get high relevancy scores (8 and higher) and high click-throughs (average 3%, when the average is 1%)
- My landing pages get high conversions (30% to 50%…one even got 80%!)
- My social media posts get great engagement!
Here are some real results from my clients:
- The National Association of Home Builders’ sales team increased sales by 200% with a kicka$$ sponsorship kit.
- Rejuvenations Massage Therapy increased new client bookings 20% with landing pages focused on specific avatars and their pain points.
- Sacred Grove increased email open rates from 11% to 30%, and click through rates from 6% to 17% (on average) with an email marketing strategy and thought-provoking subject lines.
- Iron Mountain increased sales leads by 300% and sold more than $1 million as a direct result of a research-based thought leadership white paper. (The copy wasn’t snappy or cool, but it was effective!)
Want to know more? Schedule a half hour virtual coffee date and let’s talk about your business and your needs. I’m happy to answer ANY questions you have.
Fun facts about me, Susan Rose
- I’m an introvert!
- I love SCUBA and do it as much as I can.
- My other thrill -seeking hobby is mushromm foraging.
- I have two dogs who very much enjoy hanging out in my lap while I’m working (or reading, sleeping, talking on the phone…).
- Woodward and Bernstein were my childhood idols, and the reason I studied journalism.
- I DO NOT design wedding gowns (that’s another Susan Rose). This Susan Rose can barely sew a hem.
Kansas University, Lawrence, KS
BS: Journalism, concentration in Magazine editing
Tufts University, Medford, MA
MA: Urban and Environmental Policy
HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification
Member: Digital Marketing Lab
MarCom Creative Awards, Brochure, Platinum Medal
MarCom Creative Awards, Writing/Other, Gold Medal
Communicator Awards Print Media Competition, writing/brochure, honorable mention
Association Trends All Media Awards, Trade Show/Exhibit Sales Package, Gold Medal
The Kicka$$ Content Planner: a quarterly planner to help you authentically market your business.
Confessions of a Frog Kisser
The Hunting Widows Guide to Great Venison Cooking, Volume 1: Family Favorites